Thursday 6 October 2016

Happy National Poetry Day!


We have had a lovely day today celebrating National Poetry Day! We found quotations from famous poems all around the school- can you remember any? Which was your favourite?

This afternoon, we wrote our own poem! We worked as a class on a poem train- writing one line, then passing it on to a classmate.

Here's the fabulous final poem:

Haunted Forest
The forest was as dark as an ebony dragon,
Splish! Splash! Splosh! The rain poured down,
Bang! Crash! Stones hit the ground and cracked in half,
Suddenly lava started to pour out, it was horrific,
All the dragons started to leave the country,
They were all scared of the Lava,
Bang crash the conkers fell off the trees,
The trees started to fall down,                                           
The wolves were running from the trees scared and shivering as they run,
All of a sudden it went silent,
Then the noise of trees creaking,
Everywhere there was lava- I had to get out of there,
Then suddenly… whoosh! A ghastly ghost emerged from the lava,
How can I escape?
I looked back but an army of ghosts were behind me I searched for a wat to get out,
Scary and goulish the forest was,
The trees fell as I looked back,
A tree which looked like a bear,
Its arms were creaking out towards me,
Lumps and monstrous eyes,
Birds flapping their wings,
The moonlit sky above me, I feel a cool breeze blow past,
Under a green mossy tree, a flock of birds screech by,
I heard a scream and stumbled,
Tree twigs fell to the muddy ground,
I’d never seen anything like it before,
The creatures started to approach,

Something grabbed me as I sank into the ground.

By, St. Clare's Class, 6/10/16

15 comments:

samuel said...

my one is on the second line yay

Ryan said...

I felt like I was there

gabriel said...

I liked the poem!

max said...

It was so fun writing all together

Daniel said...

The Poem was a good poem and I enjoyed it.

Millie said...

lovely poem

benny said...

wow that is amazing it was so fun i loved it i absolutely forgot the line i did but the class did a pretty good job making the poem it is a very good poem

aisling said...

good poem

kate said...

I loved writing the poem I wrote the line that said bang,crash the conkers fell off the trees

cecille said...

I loved doing the poem.

CALLUM said...

I'M NOT THE BEST BUT I WOULDN'T SAY I WAS THE WORSE

CALLUM said...

I KIND OF LIKE POETRY

klara said...

It was fun writing it

SAULO said...

GOOD POEM AND REALLY FUN AWSOME

aurora said...

I wrote the first line. It was really .

Post a Comment