Friday 3 May 2013

Southwark Poetry Festival- ADISA

On Thursday we were lucky enough to visit Dulwich Picture Gallery for a session with performance poet ADISA, as part of the Southwark Poetry Festival.

Source: bbc.co.uk

We had a fantastic time and enjoyed asking a real-life poet lots of questions! Adisa wanted the children from the three schools to ask lots of questions and he answered them in funny and entertaining ways and performed many of his poems for us.

On our walk back to school through a sunny Dulwich Park, some of the children were telling me that they would like to be professional poets, just like Adisa.

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I loved our trip on Thursday,Adisa is really entertaining and very funny!Thank you for taking me to see a real professional poet just like Adisa Miss Benn.I really enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody,

The way you described your trip, I wish I was there!
If you were a poet, what type of poems would you like to write about?

Renitta
Henderson North School

Chelsea said...

Oooh!Tricky question!I would write about musical poems!

Post a Comment