Friday 25 October 2013

Personification Poems

This week, we wrote some more fabulous poetry. We picked an object from our book 'Hurricane' and imagined that we were interviewing that item. We asked a set of questions and the answers gave our readers clues about which object we were describing. This was our first try at personification (giving an object human qualities).

Here is the poem we wrote as a class:

What Am I?
 
What can you see?
I can see children looking at me.
 
What do you want?
I want someone to write on me.
 
What are you afraid of?
Cleaning spray!
 
What makes you angry?
People using lots of blu-tack.
 
What makes you happy?
Someone tickling me with a rubber.
 
What do you think is next for you?
I think the teacher will rub out the writing on me.
 
What can you remember?
My Mum and Dad were blackboards.
 
What advice do you have for us?
Copy me carefully!
 
By St. George's Class

Of course, we were using personification to describe a whiteboard.
Can you guess what these fantastic poems are describing?
Click on the pictures to make them larger and easier to read:


By Aisling
 

By Luke
 

By Aimee

4 comments:

Ella.F said...

Amy's,Aisling's, and Luke's poems are really good!

luke said...

thank you for posting our personifacation

Antonio said...

I really enjoyed writing the poems!

Theadora said...

I loved personification it was really fun and I really leant somthing new

Post a Comment