Wednesday 18 May 2016

Another Wonderful Day!

Today has been full of fun! We had a hearty French breakfast, then excitedly met our pen pals. We have been writing and Skyping to them all year- so it was truly special to meet them in person.

Firstly, we went out orienteering in the woods. Parc D'Olhain is a beautiful setting, but the competition was fierce! We ran, sang and laughed until we were exhausted! The winning team were Equipe 12- well done!

Next, we had a lovely picnic with our pen pals, followed by another play on the spectacular action station.

In the afternoon, we were incredibly lucky to be offered the opportunity to have a session on the world's largest play nets! They were like enormous trampolines, with courts for football, volleyball and basketball, as well as slides and bouncy sections, all high up in the tree tops! Wow! The English and French children loved playing together on the nets (the adults loved it too!) in the forest.

On returning to the centre, we presented our pen pals with their gifts, which they loved! We sang some traditional French songs together, then waved our friends goodbye!

This evening, we had a lovely dinner of chicken or salmon. Now, we are working on our journals before our quiz night begins!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The play nets sound amazing! Glad the adults enjoyed them too. What a GREAT day!
Love Rita (Ds mum) X

Lindsay said...

Its great to see everyone enjoying and having fun! What a great opportunity, im sure Ace and everyone is loving it!!
Ace's mum

Mrs Cook said...

I think we need to upgrade our action station. The views from the centre are beautiful. Enjoy every moment Year 5.

Jess said...

WOW!!!!! The nets were sooooooooo fun!!!! It was really funny seeing the teachers bouncing around!!!!!

Jess said...

Loved meeting my penpal and going orienteering!!!

Venus said...

Wednesday was the best day ever for me we met our Pen Pals and went Orienteering with them I really enjoyed Orienteering with my Pen Pal. After Orienteering we had a special surprise it was the Nets I got on it with my Pen Pal and thought I was going to drop,but after a while I got used to it. When I got used to the Nets it was really fun and I hoped others enjoyed the Nets to!

Justin :) said...

The playground and the nets are sooooooooooooooooo FUN! :)

Gracie said...

The nets were so fun . I enjoyed it so much ,my pen pal Lana had a great time too!

Daniel :{) said...

That night was amazing I had the best sleep and the quiz was amazing

Daniel :{) said...

And the Nets have to be my favourite part

sirous said...

om it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good i loved every moment of franse espeashely the FOOD

Post a Comment