Saturday 6 December 2014

Beautiful Egyptian Silhouettes

 
Yesterday, we made some beautiful Ancient Egyptian themed artwork.

Firstly, we learned what a 'wash' is and how to make one. We used inks to make these beautiful backgrounds, as they blend so smoothly and give really strong colours.




Once the backgrounds were complete, we designed our silhouette foregrounds. We wanted to set them in Egypt, so most of the children chose to include an iconic pyramid and many included a camel or a palm tree.




After we had carefully designed the silhouettes, we cut them out and stuck them onto our backgrounds.

22 comments:

erhun said...

It was fun making the painting with oil it was very massy with oil on our uniform

venus said...

The silhouettes were absolutely brilliant

dexter cesar said...

I really liked the panting

dexter cesar said...

hi

BLESSIE said...

so cool!

Esther said...

I love the Egypt things and the LEGO things they are wonderful I love the blog so much I am so happy I am in your class

BLESSIE said...

SO COOL

Esther said...

I love the Egypt thing, and the Lego pyramid too!
they are so cool I am happy that I am in your class

Lily-Rose said...

THE SILHOUETTES WERE SO FUN TO MAKE!!!!!

daniella said...

I really enjoyed the silhouettes it was so cool.I like ms parrot she thinks up good ideas.

maria said...

I really like our paintings, it was really fun!
I just love our class blog it is AWESOME!

SEAN said...

this was EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Bella said...

They are really bright and beautiful!

Isaac said...

Our paintings were absolutely amazing

Justin.S said...

they look wonderful

Bella said...

It was really good fun and quite messy

SEAN said...

thank you mrs parrot for the paintings it was really fun and pretty THANK YOU

kiara said...

I am so happy that I am in St George!

Justin said...

memories.....

mina said...

I saw that lovely under water adventure on the window

mina said...

I love painting it really fun

Emily said...

so cool

Post a Comment