Wednesday 17 September 2014

Amazing Art- Still Life


Today we continued with our fruit-themed week- take a look at these fantastic drawings! We drew the fruit still life, focusing on using a range of shades and looking carefully at how the shapes of the fruits overlapped each other.

Here are some beautiful examples:






Following our drawings, we had our first experiment with watercolour paints. Each table had a different selection of fruit from around the world, with different textures and colours.







We practised mixing the colours to get the shades we wanted and blended the paints on our artwork.



15 comments:

Mrs Haxell said...

These are beautiful, I'm very impressed St Georges class!

roderick said...

wow

Emily said...

it was very fun

erhun said...

these are some awesome drawing's and painting

jack.n said...

Miss Parrott gave us a epic task

fintan said...

we learned a lot about still life it was really exciting!

mia said...

Hi Mrs Parrott thank you for putting my still life on the blog I am really enjoying it

fintan said...

I was really fascinated by how still life is made ITS FANTASTIC
BY DANIELLA

kiara said...

this is the best class ever! I can not believe I am in this class is awesome!

Lily said...

It was very interesting!

Kiara said...

Thanks for giving us a epic task

Erhun said...

I tried doing this at home

Erhun said...

We should do stuff like this more often

Daniel said...

yes I agree with Mrs Haxell that these are AMAZING paintings!

Isaac said...

St.George's class is the best

Post a Comment