Saturday 6 September 2014

A Busy First Week!



We have had a very busy first week in St. George’s Class. We have played some team building games, shown off our writing and maths skills and made some beautiful artwork.

It was important to start our year together by deciding how we would like our classroom to work. We had some discussions about what makes a successful classroom and we all added our ideas to these post-it note posters. Click on the pictures to make them larger and easier to read.


We used these ideas to help us write our class rules. We discussed what we want our classroom to look and feel like and these were the rules we chose:

  • Always be kind.
  • Try your best.
  • Listen to everyone.
  • Be happy!
  • Keep our classroom clean and tidy, so that it is safe.
  • Respect everyone and remember your manners.
  • Stay seated during lessons and put your hand up if you wish to speak.
  • Respect the school and children's property.

This week we also discussed what we each hoped to achieve this year. We chose some targets for ourselves, then made these beautiful hands to ‘Reach for the Stars’ in our class!

 
Mrs Parrott loves Art, so we started the year with some shared artwork, to show that we can make wonderful things when we work together. Take a look at our fantastic circle mural:



What was your highlight of the week?

14 comments:

dexter said...

hello mrs parrot

sophia said...

I loved making the menu for St. George's cafe

Justin S , Venus and Christopher said...

I like St. George class because its fun

Justin S , Venus and Christopher said...

I love St. George class because it is fun

christopher said...

I loved doing saveing Fred

sophia said...

ST Georges is so cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kiara said...

dudet I love this class!!!!!!
(it means a girl dude)

vanessa said...

the best thing I like is dr.who

vanessa said...

I like the spellings

ESTHER said...

I LOVE THE WEATHER PAGES , ALL STAR HANDS

vanessa said...

I like the weather

ESTHER said...

I LOVE THE GAMES AND EVERYTHING ON THE BLOG

ESTHER said...

I REALLY LOVE THE BEATYFUL THINGS ON THE BLOG

vanessa said...

I like games

Post a Comment