Friday 14 March 2014

Our Class Poem- Death Drop

Icarus and Daedalus had just got to the roof of the palace and strapped on their wings. Icarus thought carefully about flying and falling.

After reading up to this point in the myth, we watched two video clips- one of Felix Baumgartner free falling from space and one of an eagle flying with a camera on its collar, so we could see his view point.

We then collected lots of similes and metaphors for FALLING and FLYING.



 
Each team chose their best similes and metaphors and wrote them onto strips of paper.



We used these fantastic metaphors and similes to create this class poem, by playing around with the order, punctuation and verses.

Can you spot a simile? Can you spot a metaphor?


Death Drop

I circle the sky like a vulture,

As fast as a hawk,

The wind’s fingers pulling my hair,

I am as happy as a bird,

I put my arms out to enjoy the ride,

The wind howls blood-curlingly in my ear.

 

Falling like you’re FROZEN,

As cold as winter could be,

As scary as a roller coaster,

My stomach plummets to its very depths,

Feels like my heart came out of my mouth,

Falling like space debris,

Like a bird left its home.

 

Rock falling to Earth,

As terrified as a bee getting squashed,

I collapse like a roof caving in.

 

By St. George’s Class

6 comments:

Daniel said...

Beautiful poems i like it

evelyn said...

it sounds great with those metaphores and similes

Amelies said...

I really enjoyed Icarus

harry said...

I realy lick late fo sckool because it is realy goob

hANA said...

Dear Miss Benn I like the poem.

Amelie c said...

I really liked doing our death drop poem

Post a Comment