Thursday 6 February 2014

Ancient Greek Shields

This week, for your homework, you have been asked to design a shield for an Ancient Greek hoplite soldier.

Here are some examples of shields (based on what historians think they would have looked like, from evidence they have found and images on Ancient Greek pottery). You can copy parts of a design from the pictures, but we would be much more impressed if you could design one of your own, to suit an Athenian or Spartan soldier!

Source: nen.gov.uk

Source: turbosquid

Source: WAFF

Source: civfanatics

Source: darkknightarmoury

I look forward to seeing your terrifying and fearsome designs!

8 comments:

aimee said...

I loved it when I made my shield at home

joseph said...

I really like the sheilds

ella said...

I really liked Alices and Lukes!

Aisling said...

I really enjoyed making a shield for my homework. It was so much fun

evelyn said...

they look really nice in the classroom.

aimee said...

I can`t believe that Jenny Jones one a bronze medal for
great Britain and on the news and I saw that in Russia her mum and dad
surprised her

kate said...

the face is creepy

Unknown said...

All these Greek shields are just outstanding. I appreciate the hard work done.

Post a Comment