Thursday 27 February 2014

A Taste of Ancient Greece!

We have started our new topic! We have enjoyed reading the beginning of the myth of Icarus and Daedalus.



Today we went back in time to a banquet at the palace of King Minos! We tasted some Ancient Greek food and some interesting combinations of flavours:

Bread dipped in honey



Bread dipped in wine (grape juice for us!)



Olives



Dates



After our tasting session, we each wrote a menu fit for a King's banquet:

By Sonny

 By Roderick

By Molly

13 comments:

Ella said...

The olives were my favourite!

aimee said...

I loved it when we tasted the Greek food

SONNY said...

Just looking at the menus make me STARVING!!!

agatha said...

I loved all the food except from the olives.

plamedi said...

I loved all of the food but I didn't like the olives because I nearly crashed into the TARDIS and went to another world and left my class behind!!!!!!

Molly said...

The olives and bread with grape juice were my favourite I can't choose between them!

Molly said...

The olives and bread with grape juice were my favourite I can't choose between them!

Molly said...

I loved making the Medusa masks!

Aisling said...

The food was delicious.

Chelsea said...

Stop!You're making me hungry!

LUKE said...

this was a eating lesson oooffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEAH

leo said...

I like doing Icarus because I like when we tasted the food

Aimee said...

Icarus is really fun to learn about

Post a Comment