Thursday 14 November 2013

A Fantastic Trip!

Today we had a wonderful day at Dulwich Picture Gallery. This morning we looked around the gallery and saw how people and events are remembered through art.

In the afternoon, we had a very exciting art workshop. We used acrylic paints to do some marbling, then learnt how to use origami to create beautiful remembrance poppies.

Here are some pictures of our day:

Our teacher, Ben:

 
Painting on to plastic, then printing on to paper:





Origami (folding one piece of paper into a flower, then the other into the stem):



 
The completed poppies:

 


Finally, we went on a parade around the gallery to show off our beautiful remembrance poppies:


 
 
What was the highlight of the day for you?

11 comments:

Molly said...

My favourite part was we went on the festival now that was fun!

Ella.F said...

That was my first time doing origami!

Aimee said...

It was really fun when we went to the picture gallery.
I think the flowers were one of the best things I`v made.

Theadora said...

I really enjoyed going to Dulwich picture gallery my favourite bit was everything

nathan said...

I hope you had a lovely trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agatha said...

This was fun can we do in are class some time.

abel said...

I loved the trip to the picture gallery .

Aisling said...

It was an amazing day and experiance,it was so fun.I enjoyed making the poppies so much and I still remember how to make a poppy.

Antonio said...

I loved making then origami flowers

plamedi said...

this trip was so much fun i love it it is the best trip i liked making the orgami flowersthat was a load of fun

Lily and Erhun said...

it sounds fun!!!!

Post a Comment