Tuesday 18 June 2013

Russian Teacakes- Snowballs!

Today we did some cooking in St. George's Class. As part of our Russia topic, we followed and made a recipe for Russian Teacakes, called 'Snowballs'.



Here are some pictures of the master chefs at work!






We followed this recipe (click the link to view it):

http://www.beyondrecipes.com/2009/01/great-cookie-to-make-with-kids-russian.html

The English conversions for the ingredients are:

227g butter, softened
64g icing sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
228g plain flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt

Remember to work with an adult if you are cooking at home- you must be careful with hot or sharp items in the kitchen. Also remember to wash your hands before and after cooking!

We followed the recipe, but did not include the nuts- as our school is nut free. They came out really well and looked and tasted beautiful!

Did you enjoy making the cakes? Did you enjoy eating them?!


16 comments:

Ella.F said...

My cake was delicious! When can we do Russian cooking again?

sofia said...

Thank you miss.Benn I really liked makink the snowballs

nathan said...

it was sooo tasty !!

aoife said...

Thank you Miss Benn I loved making and eating the snowballs!

SONNY said...

The russian snowballs were BRILLIANT!!!

pearl said...

those cakes were yummy

marielle said...

I agree with Ella, they are really great and good thing there's a recipe so that I can cook them at home!

eliska said...

thank you for helping us make such delicious cakes

jack said...

I loved them, they were delicious

Chesea said...

This weekend my friends are coming round and I'm cooking snowballs.

Antonio said...

There were delicious. And I made some at home.

Anonymous said...

those look GOOD!!

luke said...

i llllllllloooooooovvvvvvveeeeeeeeddddddd it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roderick said...

those look tasty I hope I have the ingredients

Jess said...

Yummy!!

Jess said...

These pictures are making me so hungry and I've only just had my tea!

Post a Comment