Thursday 24 January 2013

Making Mosaics



Today we spent a fantastic afternoon at Southwark Cathedral. We learnt about the Roman art of mosaic and we had a chance to make some mosaics of our own! The first challenge we had as 'Apprentice Mosaic Makers' was to follow instructions to make a section of a mosaic each, then we placed all of the panels together to make a larger image.






Then we each had to follow a key to make a section of a different mosaic, which was a little more difficult. We each glued the tesserae to our wooden panels, then we put them together to make two fantastic large patterns.



 The completed mosaics!


8 comments:

Gabriel said...

That was a brilliant trip to the Cathedral

Chelsea said...

I really enjoyed the trip to the Cathedral yesterday.I LOVE the moasaics too.

Eliska said...

I think the trip for the mosaics was brilliant thanks miss Benn

Ella.w said...

I loved that trip making mosaics was really cool

Ella.w said...

I loved that trip making mosaics was really cool

pearl said...

Our trip was great , I wish we can go again.

marielle said...

I loved the look of the ship, it looks great! I wish we can go again.

Chelsea said...

I loved the enormous ship.I could sense that in the olden days loads of people were on that ship Miss Benn.Thank you for the day out too.I really enjoyed it.

Post a Comment