Monday 26 November 2012

Kennings


Last week, as part of Friendship Week, St. George's class wrote a class Kenning poem about what a friend is. * COMING SOON to the blog as a new podcast! *

A Kenning is an interesting form of poetry that uses only 2 words on each line, with the second word ending in -er. It gives you lots of clues about the subject of the poem, by telling you what it does, or likes or looks like, but it doesn't tell you what the poem is actually about.

Can you be a super Kenning detective and work out what these poems by St. George's class are about?

Antonio's Kenning:

Night flyer,
Blood drinker,
Cave sleeper,
Black skinner,
Fast flyer,
Loop flyer,
Noise maker,
Fruit eater.

What am I?
 

Abel's Kenning:

Fast runner,
Spot wearer,
Prey hunter,
Rainforest creeper,
Water devourer,
Beautiful viewer.

What am I?


Sofia's Kenning:

People helper,
World creator,
World protector,
Heart maker,
Love creator,
Nature maker,
People carer,
Argument breaker.

What am I?


Ella W.'s Kenning:

Night breaker,
Dawn maker,
Light creator,
Heat giver,
Tan maker.

What am I?


Aoife's Kenning:

Sister hater,
Lego lover,
Top-bunk sleeper,
Good fighter,
Skate boarder,
Leg grabber,
Star-Wars watcher,
Promise breaker.

What am I?


Calum's Kenning:

Good scorer,
Bicycle kicker,
Sweden player,
Tattoo wearer.

What am I?


Chelsea's Kenning:

Great runner,
Good thrower,
Super pole-vaulter,
Awesome triple-jumper,
Spectacular hurdler,
Excellent shot-putter.

What am I?

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

I like these Kennings.They are very hard to guess.I wish I could do another one!Great work!

Chelsea said...

I think Antonio's Kenning is about a Vampire Bat.I really like Antonio's Kenning because he has put in so many descriptive words.Well done!

sofia said...

I think that Ella's one is the Sun

Ella.w said...

I think Antonio one is a BAT...
because it said it drinks Blood.

Rhiannon said...

I really like Sofia's kenning. It was very trickey to guess. great work.

Antonio said...

I think Abel's is a cheater.

Rhiannon said...

I like all the kennings they are wonderfull.




Well done.

Ella f said...

I think Aoifes kenning is about her little brother.

Rosa said...

I relly enjoyed our HABBITATS

Post a Comment